[FFmpeg-devel] Development opportunity: LTC noise on files created from videotape source: filter idea

Stephen McConnachie Stephen.McConnachie at bfi.org.uk
Mon Jul 18 12:53:14 EEST 2022

Hi FFMPEG developers,

I have a proposal for a paid development opportunity to add a filter to FFMPEG.

I followed the advice on the FFMPEG Consulting page at https://ffmpeg.org/consulting.html and am emailing this list to try to identify if any of the FFMPEG developers may be able to take on a development commission.

Background: we are digitising high volumes of videotape carriers, and have identified a common case in some videotape formats where Linear Time Code from the tape carrier is present on audio stream 1 in the encoded file - manifesting as a continuous noise.

Idea: could a filter be developed in FFMPEG, based on example files we can provide, to identify the presence of an LTC-derived audio stream, and additionally identify which of the streams is the LTC stream.

If this filter idea sounds achievable, I would aim to identify which of the FFMPEG developers may be able to take on this work, and estimated costs and timeline.

All the best,
Stephen

The British Film Institute is governed by Royal Charter and is a charity registered in England and Wales number 287780. The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, kindly notify the sender that you have received this message in error and immediately delete it. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not forward this e-mail to anybody, nor make any use of its contents.