[FFmpeg-devel] Hardware purchase request: HDR monitor

Niklas Haas ffmpeg at haasn.xyz
Wed Apr 5 16:48:47 EEST 2023

On Sun, 02 Apr 2023 03:12:03 +0200 Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 01, 2023 at 07:57:54PM +0100, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 at 16:01, Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
> > wrote:

> > > https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-S34BG850SU-UWQHD-Aufl%C3%B6sung-Reaktionszeit-Bildwiederholrate/dp/B0BF5S7LSK/
> > >
> > > here the same monitor seems to be for 1298€ with free shipping:
> > > https://www.electronic4you.de/samsung-odyssey-oled-g8-g85sb-34-234606.html

> > > i think its for the community to decide this, my reply is not meant to
> > > either say i agree or disagree, just wanted to reply with the cheaper
> > > shop
> >

> > I think purchasing this monitor is OK and I would also prefer the money is
> > spent with a reputable supplier like Amazon because they have much better
> > customer service in case of problems.
>
> Looking at the ratings on the 6 shops which sell this monitor for 1299 on
> https://geizhals.de/samsung-odyssey-oled-g8-g85sb-ls34bg850suxen-a2829434.html#offerlist
> amazon has the worst rating
>
> Also from my personal experience with amazon, they are convenient and easy
> to return items to within the return period. The consequence of that is its
> also easy to receive used or dirty items as new occasionally.
> When it came to warranty and repairs (outside the returns period) my
> personal experience with amazon is not so good though
> (the whole process felt intentionally cumbersome)
>

> > And actually Amazon is now matching the price at electronic4you.
>
> interresting. The price seems to have been at 1298 for at least some shop
> for over 2 weeks
>
> anyway, iam of course fine with amazon or any other shop
>
> thx

Amazon also doesn't accept many payment methods (Vorkasse, PayPal) and
doesn't have the item in question in the warehouse, which are two
additional reasons not to use it.

If there is no further objection, am I free to order from the linked
shop (electronic4you.de)? Is there a special process I have to go
through?

Final price is 1.298,99 EUR