[FFmpeg-devel] What is FFmpeg and what should it be

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Aug 12 20:12:33 EEST 2023

On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 04:58:37PM +0200, Vittorio Giovara wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 2:39 PM Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>
> > > No. You are taking for granted that SDR belongs in FFmpeg in the first
> > place,
> > > and that's exactly what people disagree with.
> >
> > And you are taking for granted that it does not belongs in FFmpeg.
> >
> > But what you refuse to realize is that it is only an opinion, shared by
> > you and a few “people”, backed by zero actual arguments.
> >
> > As such, your opinion is worthy of very little consideration, a lot much
> > less than the opposition opinion that is actually backed by the
> > enthusiasm of users.
> >

> this is not the way to talk to a fellow developer with plenty of open
> source contributions in this and many other repositories
> you need to consider that not everybody has the energy or will to write
> lengthy paragraphs that just reiterate the same points and do not move the
> needle one way or another - in other words, your argument is not the
> correct one just because it's the longest
> and please try writing with more respect, the "people" (leaving air quotes
> verbatim) you refer to is basically the entire community, versus you and
> Michael

I dont really want to reply, but as you mention me explicitly, i also dont
want to let this stand.

I oppose the insulting tone of the mail you replied to, same as you oppose
it.

About something that only i and Nicolas support and everyone is against.
I do not know what you talk about here. I made no public statement of
supporting anything. I dont think you should claim I do.

Homeopathy is like voting while filling the ballot out with transparent ink.
Sometimes the outcome one wanted occurs. Rarely its worse than filling out
a ballot properly.