[FFmpeg-devel] Question about ffmpeg support of sph files with embedded-shorten-v2.00 coding

Don Resnik don.resnik at wrench.io
Wed Aug 30 00:40:17 EEST 2023

Peter,

Thanks for your response.  I mentioned that I am using ffmpeg 6.0, isn't
that the latest version?

I will submit on the bug tracker side.  After doing some research, I think
the issue is that in

https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavformat/nistspheredec.c#L73
The only embedded-shorten condition that is handled is this one

            } else if (!av_strncasecmp(coding, "pcm,embedded-shorten", 20))
{

There is no accounting for my coding condition 'ulaw,embedded-shorten-v2.00'

I will submit it as a bug, but I may also try to make a patch to test that
if I include my coding in the conditional that it will work.

Thanks,

Don R