[FFmpeg-devel] Question about ffmpeg support of sph files with embedded-shorten-v2.00 coding

Peter Ross pross at xvid.org
Tue Aug 29 23:30:15 EEST 2023

On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 12:45:57PM -0400, Don Resnik wrote: > ffmpeg,

> I have a sph file that ffmpeg will not process.  I am using ffmpeg 6.0,
> which I believe is the latest version.   I am actually running ffprobe on
> the file.
>
> Here is the file header:

> and here is the output:
> [nistsphere @ 0x29f1ac0] coding ulaw,embedded-shorten-v2.00 is not
> implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the
> problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not
> been implemented.
>
> Before I go through sending a sample file, I would just like to confirm
> that ffmpeg should be able to process audio files with:
>
> 'sample_coding -s27 ulaw,embedded-shorten-v2.00'
>
> I was hoping there was a setting for configuration I could try that I have
> not discovered yet to make this work.

Follow the instructions: *Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git.*

If you do not know how to update FFmpeg from git, I suggest using an automatic build: https://github.com/BtbN/FFmpeg-Builds/releases

If problem still exists report it on the bug tracker: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ . Attach sample file to bug report.

-- Peter
(A907 E02F A6E5 0CD2 34CD 20D2 6760 79C5 AC40 DD6B)