[FFmpeg-devel] videolan ffmpeg git issue [please dont push before reading]

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Feb 25 12:45:51 EET 2023

On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 02:14:44AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> it seems videolan had a double RAID failure and was restored from backup
> that caused ffmpeg developer git for master and release/5.1 to rewind by
> a few commits.
> It would be slightly messy if different commits are pushed on that rewond
> HEADs- So if you push something (when its possible again) please make sure
> that teh commits match the previous (pre restore) ones
>
> Its not the end of the world if others are pushed, we would then need
> a merge commit to reconcile these 2 histories

Some update

videolan took this opertunity to switch the repositories from EOL gitosis
to gitolite. This added some hickups
first being some nonworkingness with multiple admins in gitolite. Which
i belive was due to single keys being used with multiple users, i fixed
that for a 2nd key i added so it seems thats the issue

and a 2nd issue that causes branches & heads to disappear from public view
when one pushed to them i suspect thats a permission / user/group issue
but i cannot verify or fix this.
ATM thresh is sleeping and i suspect these issues will be fixed once he
awakes

If you fake or manipulate statistics in a paper in physics you will never
get a job again.
If you fake or manipulate statistics in a paper in medicin you will get
a job for life at the pharma industry.