[FFmpeg-devel] videolan ffmpeg git issue [please dont push before reading]

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Feb 26 00:11:17 EET 2023

On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 11:45:51AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 02:14:44AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > it seems videolan had a double RAID failure and was restored from backup
> > that caused ffmpeg developer git for master and release/5.1 to rewind by
> > a few commits.
> > It would be slightly messy if different commits are pushed on that rewond
> > HEADs- So if you push something (when its possible again) please make sure
> > that teh commits match the previous (pre restore) ones
> >
> > Its not the end of the world if others are pushed, we would then need
> > a merge commit to reconcile these 2 histories
>
> Some update
>
> videolan took this opertunity to switch the repositories from EOL gitosis
> to gitolite. This added some hickups
> first being some nonworkingness with multiple admins in gitolite. Which
> i belive was due to single keys being used with multiple users, i fixed
> that for a 2nd key i added so it seems thats the issue
>
> and a 2nd issue that causes branches & heads to disappear from public view
> when one pushed to them i suspect thats a permission / user/group issue
> but i cannot verify or fix this.
> ATM thresh is sleeping and i suspect these issues will be fixed once he
> awakes

The permissions have been fixed by thresh.
Ive added the missing commits back, and pushing seems to work again.
Ive also changed our github mirror config so it cannot receed as that happened
temporarly as one of 2 sync scripts aparently force pushed teh receeded HEADs

There are still some issues with git hooks. So pushing may not
be protected against trailing whitespace or such things. Also the ML and
IRC may not receive log mails. Thresh plans / is working on the hooks
this evening. They are expected to be workinhg againg in the european morning

The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the
dead. -- Aristotle