[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Release 6.1

Lynne dev at lynne.ee
Fri Jul 7 18:33:32 EEST 2023

Jul 7, 2023, 17:07 by michael at niedermayer.cc:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 06:04:41PM +0200, Lynne wrote:
>
>> It's been a while since we've had a release, and we've had
>> a lot of new features in.
>> We did say we would make releases more often, and I think
>> it's about time we have a new release.
>>

> yes
>

>> Anything anyone wants to have merged or should we branch
>> off 6.1 in a few days?
>>

> libavradio needs testing, at least build testing.
> all parts of git master are tested automatically by our user base
> but anything in seperate repositories might receive less testing
> so we should encourage people to test these seperate repositories
> for the release

It's still quite a new library, its API might change, I think we
should release 6.1 first, then release libavradio, so the next
FFmpeg release has a stable target API-wise to use.

It's fine if you don't have time in the next few days, I have to remove
the old FFT code, which means finishing my DCT/DST lavu/tx patch.