[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg at NAB 2024

Kieran Kunhya kierank at obe.tv
Wed Nov 1 23:25:51 EET 2023

On Wed, 1 Nov 2023 at 20:37, Thilo Borgmann via ffmpeg-devel <
ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> FFmpeg will have a booth at the next NAB from April 14th to 17th 2024 in
> Las
> Vegas [1]!
>
> We reiceived an anonymous corporate sponsorship for the booth, so there
> are no
> costs for the FFmpeg project to it (and no obligations, of course).
>
> Any FFmpeg developer is welcome to join in and man the booth with me,
> especially
> any developers based in the US or other american countries!
>
> Share with us your broken workflows, unfulfilled requirements, ideas for
> enhancements and after show drinks at W4232 [2]!

Hi Thilo,

Does this sponsorship include the cost of building, furniture, graphics,
booth design etc?
Having done booths for a decade, I can tell you this is the hardest part
and everything at a show costs what you think it does in your head plus two
zeroes on the end.
These elements cost more than the booth itself.

Note also in the US there are strictly enforced rules on unions building
booths so you have to hire in union labour.

Regards,
Kieran Kunhya

Regards,
Kieran Kunhya