[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg at NAB 2024

Kieran Kunhya kieran618 at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 20 01:49:09 EET 2023

On Sun, Nov 19, 2023 at 9:46 PM Michael Niedermayer
<michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 19, 2023 at 02:26:22PM +0000, Kieran Kunhya via ffmpeg-devel wrote:
> [...]
> > I would not find it acceptable for SPI to pay these costs. I do not feel
> > donors would want their money spent on a corporate show in Las Vegas.
>
> all SPI refunds must be posted to the mailing list and approved by the
> FFmpeg community.
> I have 0 clue if anything like this will be posted by anyone. But if its
> not, there is no way SPI can pay it and if it is then everyone has an
> oppertunity to object.
> If theres no consensus to fund something then stefano and me will not
> approve it. And SPI will not pay it.
>
> So if a few people are against it and they state that publically in
> the corresponding REFUND thread then there is NO way SPI can pay it
>
> I cannot comment on anything else

To be clear I have no issue with reimbursements for small booths at
SCALE, LinuxTAG, FOSDEM etc.
But NAB is a big corporate show with very large costs for graphics,
furniture, union builders etc (put a number in your head and add two
zeroes to the end) and I don't feel donors would want their money
spent on this.

Regards,
Kieran Kunhya