[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg at NAB 2024

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Nov 19 23:46:06 EET 2023

On Sun, Nov 19, 2023 at 02:26:22PM +0000, Kieran Kunhya via ffmpeg-devel wrote:
[...]
> I would not find it acceptable for SPI to pay these costs. I do not feel
> donors would want their money spent on a corporate show in Las Vegas.

all SPI refunds must be posted to the mailing list and approved by the
FFmpeg community.
I have 0 clue if anything like this will be posted by anyone. But if its
not, there is no way SPI can pay it and if it is then everyone has an
oppertunity to object.
If theres no consensus to fund something then stefano and me will not
approve it. And SPI will not pay it.

So if a few people are against it and they state that publically in
the corresponding REFUND thread then there is NO way SPI can pay it

I cannot comment on anything else

If a bugfix only changes things apparently unrelated to the bug with no
further explanation, that is a good sign that the bugfix is wrong.