[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg at NAB 2024

Kieran Kunhya kieran618 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 19 16:26:22 EET 2023

On Sun, 19 Nov 2023, 14:05 Derek Buitenhuis, <derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Followup question...
>
> On 11/1/2023 9:25 PM, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
> > This is certainly interesting considering we just had a giant thread
> about not using
> > or using SPI, with multiple people accused of having corporate interests.
>
> I noticed FFmpeg is on the NAB floor plan.
>
> This implies FFmpeg has signed a contract with NAB, as to my knowledge,
> you are
> not on the floor plan without doing that.
>
> There is one slight problem here... FFmpeg does not have a legal entity in
> which
> such a contract could have been signed.
>
> So who signed? The "anonymous" corproate entity, on behalf of FFmpeg, with
> out
> our consent?
>
> Pardon my French, but this is sketchy as all fuck.

In addition, the remaining costs of the booth, which in my experience total
around twice as much as the floor space itself need to be paid by this
corporate contributor.

I would not find it acceptable for SPI to pay these costs. I do not feel
donors would want their money spent on a corporate show in Las Vegas.

Also no plan has been provided about who will actually be present on the
booth.

Ragards,
Kieran Kunhya