[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: extra members for GA

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Nov 9 18:36:10 EET 2023

On Thu, 9 Nov 2023, at 17:21, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 01:21:13PM +0100, Anton Khirnov wrote:
>> Quoting Michael Niedermayer (2023-11-09 12:55:25)

>> > IMHO the question of the relation of the list of people who could vote
>> > in the last GA vote and the people who where in the general assembly
>> > in 2020 should be awnsered before further votes.
>> > https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2023-November/316609.html
>>
>> As far as I can tell, the voter list in the last vote should be the same
>> as the GA from 2020, except for the extra members whose voting rights
>> expire after 2 years.
>>
>> Do you dispute that?
>
> There are at least 3 issues here
>
> * The first and maybe the biggest, is that our vote superviser can reply to
>   mails within 20min (like in this thread here) but is not replying to a simple
>   question within days where the list of voters comes from he used and how it

WTF are you talking about ?
WTF are you attacking me on my email response time?

>   relates to the 2020 GA. It gives one the feeling he has some sort of
>   difficulty with awnsering that question
>   you took a guess here and replied, and i appreciate that. But really JB
>   choose this list and also the one in 2020. Only he can explain where these

I choose nothing. I got the list that was provided to me for the first vote, after the script was written.

I did not write the script, I did not run the script.

Would you stop smearing me?

This is absolutely unacceptable.

A contrario from you, I am not part of the GA and I don’t have voting rights…

> * The 2nd issue is that there are rules how to change the GA over time

No they don’t.
We discussed and voted a way, and after years it seems it was not clear enough for some people.

> Now we are here trying the 3rd variant of applying
>   only half the rules.

So what? The previous way was not clear enough for people, so we vote for a new way.
And it was accepted quite largely against the other options.

>   Not stating upfront what this list is
>   IMO this is not acceptable for a vote.

How so? Do you go to and see the list of all the voters in Austria before doing a vote ?

Especially, here, it is to bootstrap a new way of voting.

If the vote was close, maybe there could be discussion, but here, this is not the case.

And stop smearing me in the mud.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734