[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: extra members for GA

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Thu Nov 9 20:09:27 EET 2023

Am 09.11.23 um 18:50 schrieb Michael Niedermayer:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 06:31:13PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2023, at 18:24, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> theres a list of voters in 2020 and 2023
>>
>> The list of voters in 2020 comes from the script written by Josh (IIRC?) and run by Thilo (?) IIRC when Thilo installed CIVS.
>> It quite matches the gitlog.
>>
>> The list was reused for the vote,
>
> Thats not possible
> multiple people on this list did not have 20 commits at the time the list must have been made
>
> Example: Gautam Ramakrishnan has 20 commits after 2020 Jul 16
> but the TC/CC votes in 2020 where prior to that
>
> (and i already mentioned zane)
>
> So I do not see how the list of names you posted can be the same list as
> the one used in 2020

The script came in by Josh [1].
The vote was run by JB [2].

In [2] the CIVS reported 49 authorized voters as JB mentioned in the mail.
Therefore, it cannot be the list of 51 voters JB provided in the corresponding thread [3].

Did the original list survive? Josh?
If not, we can go back in time and run the script again.

-Thilo

[1] https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2020-April/261323.html
[2] https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2020-June/265075.html
[3] https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2023-November/316594.html