[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: extra members for GA

Cosmin Stejerean cosmin at cosmin.at
Thu Nov 9 20:11:12 EET 2023

> On Nov 9, 2023, at 9:53 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
>
> The point is that, whether or not they are on the mailing list, people should
> not be volunteered to the GA by others, but on their own volition. The
> circumstances are different for those on the mailing list and those not, but
> the end result is the same: don't nominate people like that. It's rude.

I don't think nominating others for the GA is rude, assuming they accept the nomination. I do agree they shouldn't be automatically be put on the GA because of a nomination they did not accept, but it seems reasonable to ask them if they want to accept the nomination. I do think that being subscribed to the mailing list should be a prerequisite however.

- Cosmin