[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: extra members for GA

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Nov 10 00:49:38 EET 2023

On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 08:30:15PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Nov 2023, at 19:15, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 07:53:33PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> >> Le torstaina 9. marraskuuta 2023, 19.41.53 EET Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
> > [...]
> >> If you think some people should be added, as far as I am concerned, you are of
> >> course welcome to nudge them via private message to friendly remind them that
> >> they can nominate themselves.
> >
> > so what i will do then is
> > If a developer was in the GA before || are just under the threshold but
> > active || are part of the infra teams and packaging
> > i will leave them in the list to be added (that is also what jb suggested)
>
> Of course, this seems reasonable.
>
> > I will contact them and ask if they want to be in the GA and
>
> You should contact who you want, or think is necessary.
> But they should step forward and say so publicly that they are candidates.

last time you collected candidates you said something very different

https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2020-June/265348.html

"If you are interested in being a candidate, please mail me in private (aka not on the list).
 You can suggest another candidate, but I will validate with them if they might agree in the end."

I want to use the exact same process, why you and other people demand
a higher bar ?

If you fake or manipulate statistics in a paper in physics you will never
get a job again.
If you fake or manipulate statistics in a paper in medicin you will get
a job for life at the pharma industry.