[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Repeat vote: GA voters list updates

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Sat Nov 11 09:22:19 EET 2023

Hi,

in [1] JB listed his list of authorized voters for the "GA voters list updates"
vote.

This list does not correlate with the list Josh provided in [2].
Neither does this list of 51 people [1] correlate to the 54 authorized voters
(distinct email addresses) the CIVS system actually counted, see [3].

This can mean only one of two things, either some people on the list in [1] did
receive more than one ballot, or JB failed to list all the authorized voters and
ballots have been given to unknown people. Both possibilities are unacceptable
flaws for a democratic vote.

As the admin responsible of the votes it is my duty to have supervision of all
polls and thus it is my duty to declare this vote null and void for the flaws
given above.

This vote will be repeated from Sun 12th of November to Sunday 19th of November
so we don't have to move the following votes yet another time.
It will be using the list given by Josh [2] as it seems to be the closest to the
truth we can get. The old extra members of the GA have become void according to [4]
and will not be included.

Furthermore, I patched the voting system to log all authorized voters in the
future to prevent this situation in the future.

The authorized voters for the repeated vote [2] reads as follows:

michael at niedermayer.cc
onemda at gmail.com
jamrial at gmail.com
andreas.rheinhardt at gmail.com