[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Repeat vote: GA voters list updates

Anton Khirnov anton at khirnov.net
Sat Nov 11 09:58:21 EET 2023

Quoting Thilo Borgmann via ffmpeg-devel (2023-11-11 08:22:19)
> Hi,
>
> in [1] JB listed his list of authorized voters for the "GA voters list updates"
> vote.
>
> This list does not correlate with the list Josh provided in [2].

The word 'correlate' does not mean what you seem to think it means. The
list does correlate.

> Neither does this list of 51 people [1] correlate to the 54 authorized voters
> (distinct email addresses) the CIVS system actually counted, see [3].
>
> This can mean only one of two things, either some people on the list in [1] did
> receive more than one ballot, or JB failed to list all the authorized voters and
> ballots have been given to unknown people. Both possibilities are unacceptable
> flaws for a democratic vote.
>
> As the admin responsible of the votes it is my duty to have supervision of all
> polls and thus it is my duty to declare this vote null and void for the flaws
> given above.

I am not aware of anyone having given you the right to do this.

> michael at niedermayer.cc
> onemda at gmail.com
> jamrial at gmail.com
> andreas.rheinhardt at gmail.com
> sw at jkqxz.net
> cus at passwd.hu
> ceffmpeg at gmail.com
> barryjzhao at tencent.com
> liuqi05 at kuaishou.com
> lance.lmwang at gmail.com
> martin.vignali at gmail.com
> ffmpeg at gyani.pro
> aman at tmm1.net
> martin at martin.st
> diego at biurrun.de
> lizhong1008 at gmail.com
> dev at lynne.ee
> nfxjfg at googlemail.com
> anton at khirnov.net
> atomnuker at gmail.com
> timo at rothenpieler.org
> u at pkh.me
> george at nsup.org
> yejun.guo at intel.com
> linjie.fu at intel.com
> kaustubh.raste at imgtec.com
> stebbins at jetheaddev.com
> philipl at overt.org
> andriy.gelman at gmail.com
> vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
> jerome.borsboom at carpalis.nl
> derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
> pross at xvid.org
> jdek at itanimul.li
> kjeyapal at akamai.com
> dalecurtis at chromium.org
> jeebjp at gmail.com
> t.rapp at noa-archive.com
> vdixit at akamai.com
> zhilizhao at tencent.com
> matthieu.bouron at gmail.com
> yinshiyou-hf at loongson.cn
> zane at zanevaniperen.com
> ruiling.song at intel.com
> kjeyapal at akamai.com
> hwrenx at 126.com
> modmaker at google.com
> cand at gmx.com
> foobaz86 at gmail.com
> baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com

This list contains at least two duplicates, easily found by inspection.
This gives me zero confidence that any hypothetical new vote would be
any more reliable than the old one.

Also as I said before, option A won its contests against options B/C/D
by 17/7, 23/1, and 17/7, respectively. You would thus need to change 10
votes to have any chance of a different result. As the number of
disputed voters is nowhere near 10, there is no point in repeating
anything.

--
Anton Khirnov