[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Repeat vote: GA voters list updates

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Nov 11 11:54:20 EET 2023

On Sat, 11 Nov 2023, at 08:22, Thilo Borgmann via ffmpeg-devel wrote:
> Neither does this list of 51 people [1] correlate to the 54 authorized voters
> (distinct email addresses) the CIVS system actually counted, see [3].

And instead of you ASKING for that, you launch another vote? That's your solution?

Just as as remark, YOU are running the voting system, and have access to infra, so YOU can check it.

The answer is simple, Linjie Fu has had several emails in use, (one with and one without justin) and one of them is bouncing. I remembered that after sending the first batch, so I added it back, knowing that he/she could only vote once.
Same reason for Ruiling Song who has both an Intel and a gmail email.
Finally, in the emails, there was REDACTED FOR GDPR/PRIVACY. It was probably the reason.

And that's why you see 3 more emails than names. And that cannot change anything to the vote.

jb

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734