[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: TC/CC elections

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Nov 11 20:34:05 EET 2023

On Sun, Nov 05, 2023 at 11:02:05AM +0100, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> Hi all,
> as previously discussed, we need to re-elect the members of the
> Technical and Community Committees. As a reminder - the Technical
> Committee (TC) resolves technical disputes, while the Community
> Committee (CC) resolves personal conflicts and code of conduct
> violations.
>
> Anyone can become a member of either committee - they do not need to be
> in GA (i.e. have voting rights). One person can also be a member of both
> committees at once.
>
> The vote should start the Monday after the previous vote (extra GA
> members) finishes - that should be either 2023-11-20 or 2023-11-27 -
> giving us two or three weeks for discussion and proposing candidates.
>
> The candidates so far are:
>   * TC:
>     - Jan Ekström
>     - Anton Khirnov
>     - Lynne
>     - Martin Storsjö
>     - Niklas Haas
>     - Michael Niedermayer
>     - Mark Thompson
>   * CC:
>     - Dave Rice (IIUC it was somebody else who suggested him, so he'd
>       need to be asked whether he wants the position)
>     - James Almer
>     - Jean-Baptiste Kempf
>     - Thilo Borgmann
>     - Steven Liu
>     - Ronald Bultje
>     - Anton Khirnov
>
> (proposed at VDD as per Kyle's notes; I've also added myself as a CC
> candidate).
>
> Anyone else wishing to volunteer for TC or CC, please reply to this
> email.

So many people want to join the CC and ive forwarded so many insults
to the CC with no reaction and no improvment. So i guess if I complain
that the CC isnt doing its job, i guess i must at least volunteer
to do the job better.
So here is my candidacy, vote for me, i lack sozial skills but
i recognize an insult when i see one and i can ban people if a friendly
private reminder is "misunderstood" repeatedly (IFF i have the authority to do that)

The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped
leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded
you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell