[FFmpeg-devel] VDD 2023, FFmpeg meeting notes, (23-11-2023, 4pm, Dublin)

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 22:13:29 EEST 2023

On Tue, Oct 3, 2023 at 2:50 PM Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Vittorio Giovara (12023-09-27):
> > This is basically saying that you don't trust the community to make the
> > best decisions for itself, or that the community is not mature enough to
> > stand on its own to support the project.
>
> You are twisting the words to make it sound bad, but it is roughly what
> I am saying, and I suspect also what Michael is saying.

YOU LITERALLY DO THIS TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDS TO YOU

You do not intend to win an argument with reason, you mean to tire the
opposing side by tirelessly draining the energy of the counterparty with
essay long replies,
In other words, you're filibustering any reasonable change and improvement
in this community, it's a net negative help!

I am not willing to play your game, and I don't think this community should
either! You claim democracy is a bad model for ffmpeg stewardship, but it's
the only thing that is keeping certain members in the community, and
letting this kind of abuse happen at every discussion. Just please be
better and just stop sending overly long emails with skewed rehashing of
the past or with wrong interpretations of the concept of community,
democracy, and software maintenance.
--
Vittorio