[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] AG (GA?) VOTE

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Oct 10 16:21:42 EEST 2023

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 02:32:57PM +0200, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> Quoting Michael Niedermayer (2023-10-10 13:56:45)
> > Hi all
> >
> > a vote on the General Assembly composition was apparently initiated with
> > a duration of 6 days, i saw this in my inbox:
> > "1009 23:49 Jean-Baptiste K (3,4K) Poll: FFmpeg AG members rules"
> >
> > There was no real prior discussion on the mailing list about this.
> > There are 2 choices which are similar
> > (update the list before each vote and update it twice a year)
> > And a 3rd option that is probably not what the "opposition" wants I think
> > (use the 2020 version, never update)
>
> "opposition"?
> Who is this opposition, who are they opposed to, and why the scare quotes?

Ive added the "" because i think there is no real opposition

But there are people who loose their vote rights with this vote.
So if they vote for the obvious options they kind of self castrate

for them this looks like

1. cut off my tail
2. cut off my balls
3. stop new developers after 2020 from having vote rights

This must just looks like a choice between tea, window and airplane for
some people, if you know what i mean

(and yes it seems my humour is modulated by lack of reasonable sleep)

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch