[FFmpeg-devel] trac spam

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Thu Oct 19 22:05:07 EEST 2023

> IIRC each regex give -10 so multiple matches give more.

So far, the search strings contain only combinations of keywords, for example "concretevictoria".
False positives are almost impossible.

I could add shorter keywords, for example "concrete" and "victoria".
Then we would get multiple matches, but also a few false positives.
Especially for people from Canada. Keywords would be:
"ottawa", "halifax", "victoria", "moncton", "nanaimo", "vancouver",
"concrete", "excavating", "fabricators", "lawncare", "landscapedesign", "retainingwalls"
Shall I do that?

I agree with you that the problem is not trivial.

> I think the captcha works as intended. It adds cost to the spammer
I doubt its economic for spammers to solve a captcha for having some spam
up for a few hours.

It's not only for a few hours. We have the spammer's links in our archives forever.
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-trac/2023-October/067523.html
Search engines can find the links, and that's what the spammer probably wants.

Michael