[FFmpeg-devel] trac spam

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Oct 22 00:45:38 EEST 2023

On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 06:24:14PM +0000, Cosmin Stejerean via ffmpeg-devel wrote:

> > On Oct 20, 2023, at 10:53 AM, Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:
> >
> >> should i add /pipermail/ffmpeg-trac to robots.txt ?
> > is there anyone who googles in these ffmpeg trac archives ?
> >
> > I don't.
>
> I'd imagine anyone wanting to search would search trac itself rather than the mailing list archive. If it has to stay publicly searchable though, is there a way to add rel="nofollow" to the links when they appear in the trac archive? That should remove the appeal of this vector for stuffing links in to the trac archive.

The mailing list archives should contain no html as thats filtered
out by mailman already
I see only raw urls in text. In fact i wonder how much that affects
search engines

Does the universe only have a finite lifespan? No, its going to go on
forever, its just that you wont like living in it. -- Hiranya Peiri