[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming GA vote

Anton Khirnov anton at khirnov.net
Wed Oct 25 00:15:19 EEST 2023

Hi all,
as discussed at the dev meeting at VDD, we need to have a series of
votes, the first of which concerns defining when is the GA voter list to
be updated.

As the previous attempt to vote on this was hampered by email delivery
issues, and also criticized due to inadequate advance announcement, the
vote was closed and we are going to try again.

This time, to avoid any confusion, let me clearly state that this is a
declaration of intent to initiate a GA vote next Monday (2023-10-30),
unless there are substantial objections.

The vote question will be:
   How do we update the list of active members of the general assembly?

Proposed possibilities so far are:
* twice a year (1st Jan & 1st July)
  (suggested at VDD)
* before each vote
  (suggested at VDD)
* never (keep the 2020 version)
  (suggested at VDD)
* keep everyone who had vote rights but add active developers each jan/july
  (suggested by Michael on the ML)

Feel welcome to propose additional possibilities until Friday
2023-10-27.

Other constructive comments also welcome.

--
Anton Khirnov