[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming GA vote

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Wed Oct 25 16:14:05 EEST 2023

Hi,

Am 24.10.23 um 23:15 schrieb Anton Khirnov:
> Hi all,
> as discussed at the dev meeting at VDD, we need to have a series of
> votes, the first of which concerns defining when is the GA voter list to
> be updated.
>
> As the previous attempt to vote on this was hampered by email delivery
> issues, and also criticized due to inadequate advance announcement, the
> vote was closed and we are going to try again.
>
> This time, to avoid any confusion, let me clearly state that this is a
> declaration of intent to initiate a GA vote next Monday (2023-10-30),
> unless there are substantial objections.
>
> The vote question will be:
>     How do we update the list of active members of the general assembly?
>
> Proposed possibilities so far are:
> * twice a year (1st Jan & 1st July)
>    (suggested at VDD)
> * before each vote
>    (suggested at VDD)
> * never (keep the 2020 version)
>    (suggested at VDD)
> * keep everyone who had vote rights but add active developers each jan/july
>    (suggested by Michael on the ML)
>
> Feel welcome to propose additional possibilities until Friday
> 2023-10-27.
>
> Other constructive comments also welcome.

To test the voting beforehand this time, I created a test vote with a fake-GA
member list. All of the following people should have received a corresponding
mail. If you are part of this list, but did not receive an email, check your
spam folder for the sender: ffmpeg.voting at mail.de. Please comment if you didn't
get the mail.

The list is as follows:

andreas.rheinhardt at gmail.com