[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Release 6.1

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Oct 28 19:49:45 EEST 2023

On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 06:04:41PM +0200, Lynne wrote:
> It's been a while since we've had a release, and we've had
> a lot of new features in.
> We did say we would make releases more often, and I think
> it's about time we have a new release.
>
> Anything anyone wants to have merged or should we branch
> off 6.1 in a few days?

Whats the status of this ?
I can branch 6.1 anytime

It was just that jb told me
"6.1 opportunity is gone.
 We're too late on the schedule, and noone had time to work on it, so it is wiser to target 7.0 in January"

but now i see on IRC
<Lynne> make a damn release already
<durandal_1707> j-b: drop MiNi from release maintership and nominate Lynne
<Lynne> I pledge to bring back /slap IRC messages to those who fail to push the patches they want for release!
<j-b> durandal_1707: good point, we should look at doing another 5.1.x release and a 6.0.x release.

noone mentioned 5.1.x and 6.0.x to me before

anyway, ill try to make releases from all maintained branches,

and will branch 6.1 as soon as Lynne or others say everything is ready.

If the United States is serious about tackling the national security threats
related to an insecure 5G network, it needs to rethink the extent to which it
values corporate profits and government espionage over security.-Bruce Schneier