[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Release 6.1

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Sun Oct 29 19:20:16 EET 2023

Am 29.10.23 um 17:25 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Kempf:
> On Sun, 29 Oct 2023, at 16:10, Thilo Borgmann via ffmpeg-devel wrote:
>> Where? I don't see you saying that in this thread.
>> If you said so at VDD, that's not many times.
>
> Explained three times at VDD and several time on IRC.

Very well. Assuming with "explained" you mean that you gave your reasoning as
well, instead of just that statement which was quoted. Because the lack of that
is what Nicolas led to refuse your opinion.

>> Not being at where you say s.th. does not imply anything and is not an argument.
>
> Refusing to attend the developer meetups and also refusing to be on one of the major discussion media and then complaining about not receiving information is a problem in an open source community.

Communication is the biggest problem indeed. In this case as well, I think you
should have transported your reasoning back to this thread on the ML - you
cannot blame anyone for not following live discussion like VDD or IRC. If you
would have done so, your opinion could not have been waived away like Nicolas did.

-Thilo

p.s. sure, IRC is not really live, yet we expect to follow up on history only on
the ML. Which is one reason why we say things like "as agreed on by X on IRC" in
patch threads, for example.