[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg release 6.1 (SDR Plans)

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Sep 21 19:21:38 EEST 2023

Hi all

As the 6.1 release is upcoming and as it was previously stated by me that sdr
will be part of 6.1. Heres some update of what i intend to do about that.

People previously agreed to including a SDR input device in libavdevice with
SDR in a seperate library.

If the community and the SDR code are happy with each other before the release
then SDR will simply be merged and be part of 6.1 like any other feature.

OTOH If a majority of people are against the SDR code at the time of
branching 6.1. Then i will make a separate release identical to 6.1 with
the SDR code and of course also provide security support

Of course iam happy to change my plans if someone has a better suggestion!

What i intend to do with SDR next is AVExecutor support to improve processing
capacity with multiple threads and also to look into factoring the code so
SDR is more seperated, where this will lead to i do not know

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates