[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg release 6.1 (SDR Plans)

Kieran Kunhya kieran618 at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 21 19:33:54 EEST 2023

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 5:21 PM Michael Niedermayer
<michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
> OTOH If a majority of people are against the SDR code at the time of
> branching 6.1. Then i will make a separate release identical to 6.1 with
> the SDR code and of course also provide security support

How on earth is it acceptable that you can publish your hobby project
under the FFmpeg project name?
You are of course welcome to publish SDR in a different project that
is not FFmpeg.

I have been working on BIOS code recently but I haven't decided to
create FFBIOS and put it in the main FFmpeg repo.

Regards,
Kieran Kunhya