[FFmpeg-devel] VDD 2023, FFmpeg meeting notes, (23-11-2023, 4pm, Dublin)

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Sep 24 16:46:13 EEST 2023

On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 02:36:20PM +0200, Marton Balint wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2023, Kyle Swanson wrote:
>
> > DNS
> > ---
> >
> > -   Currently the DNS of ffmpeg.org is managed by Fabrice
> > -   Michael was asked if he has control over the ffmpeg.org DNS register.
> > -   Michael says he thinks he has some.
> > -   Ronald would be curious to know what "some" means.
> > -   Ronald proposes current project owners should have control over DNS and
> > trademark.
> > -   Ronald: Fabrice is not active, DNS and trademark should be in the
> > control of project members.
> > -   Michael: "i think fabrice should stay in ultimate control", "he has
> > always acted in the best interests of the people".
> > -   Ronald took a poll in the room, most agreed current project developers
> > should have control of this.
>
> I think you should define what you are aiming for exactly. Having more
> people control the domain zone, [...]

currently all the root admins can update the zone file on the main
DNS server and it will then get pulled to the DNS slaves from there

I guess i have been the one updating it most of the time but the other
admins can too. I also think updates have always been done quickly
And its rare that something needs to be changed in it.
like if between https://fatebeta.ffmpeg.org/ and http://coverage.ffmpeg.org/
you want to setup a fategamma.ffmpeg.org ...

temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety -- Benjamin Franklin