[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Release 6.1

Anton Khirnov anton at khirnov.net
Tue Sep 26 18:30:19 EEST 2023

Quoting Michael Niedermayer (2023-09-26 17:09:47)
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 11:13:40AM +0200, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> > Quoting Michael Niedermayer (2023-09-22 11:27:54)
> > > The idea was really just, that i said ill include SDR and i want to
> > > keep this word
> >
> > Well, you should not have spoken for the entire project without
> > consulting the rest of the community first. Nobody here is entitled to
>
> This statement is a little misleading, i think
>
> Iam part of the community, i would think and for 99% of the tweets made
> on the official twitter account i have never been asked or even had a
> chance to comment before they where made. So what you suggest here is
> "the correct way", has never been applied.

This is disingenuous sophistry, and honestly I find it insulting that
you expect people to swallow it.

You made the tweet in question long after it was clear that the feature
is controversial. Then you tried to use it as an argument in favor of
pushing SDR to master. In other words, you used the fact that you have
Twitter posting rights to promote your opinion over that of other
developers. If that is not abuse of power then I don't know what is.

--
Anton Khirnov