[FFmpeg-devel] VDD 2023, FFmpeg meeting notes, (23-11-2023, 4pm, Dublin)

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 16:29:03 EEST 2023

On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 6:01 AM Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
wrote:

> What we have currently is not a king making decissions.
> What we have currently is the founder having a final (very difficult to
> use)
> veto power to prevent something catastrophic

This is basically saying that you don't trust the community to make the
best decisions for itself, or that the community is not mature enough to
stand on its own to support the project. While I'm aware of the long and
sometimes difficult history of this group, I'd say the situation changed
for the better over the last few years with more structure and process, and
it'd be ok to try and rely on the active people who make this project
possible rather than a distant disinterested founder, in my opinion.
--
Vittorio