[FFmpeg-devel] SDR lib comments

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Fri Sep 29 10:03:13 EEST 2023

Rémi Denis-Courmont (12023-09-29):
> And as a downstream OSS application developer, I'd really rather
> postproc be officially and properly dropped, so I can justify dropping
> it downstream as well.

Let me get this straight? You COULD just add --disable-postproc in your
downstream project and be done with it, but you would rather that FFmpeg
removes the feature (granted, of limited use, but still of use to some
people) so that you do not take the blame for removing it?

Well, I think this makes it obvious why I think people representing
downstream projects should have very little influence on the future of
FFmpeg.

--
  Nicolas George