[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Vote STF/SPI 2024-02

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Feb 1 23:04:10 EET 2024

Hi Jonatas

On Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 04:42:34PM -0300, Jonatas L. Nogueira via ffmpeg-devel wrote:
[...]

> Of course, if they voluntarily renounce the right to participate that's an
> entirely different story. Anyone can do that, but that's entirely up to
> them and trying to coerce them into doing so (or not doing so) would be
> really frowned upon.

In this first iteration of STF i mainly want to participate for 2 reasons

1. to fill the lack of people (ATM we have just one guy who isnt sure he
even has time for his project) on the wiki

2. to troll people into adding themself (as in, if you dont, ill be there and
will take the opertunity)

So iam happy to renounce my participation in STF 2024-02 conditional we reach 200k €
which is the target iam aiming at for the whole submission and noone else
drops out and we arent in need of more developers for STF.

It seems really dumb not to participate if we cant reach enough people to ask
for a minimum of 150k and i think we should aim a tiny bit above that

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.