[FFmpeg-devel] STF SoWs

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 17:21:21 EET 2024

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 10:15 AM Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 06, 2024 at 09:18:20AM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 5, 2024 at 9:06 PM Michael Niedermayer <
> michael at niedermayer.cc>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >       2. Deliverables
> > > Patches submitted for review to the FFMPEG dev mailing list.
> > >

> > I think the goal is to get patches merged, not submitted.
>
> Yes but the individual developer cannot gurantee that.

In a bad situation, someone could send unmergeable patches and they will
satisfy the legal requirement above for being paid out. I'm suggesting to
protect the project against that situation.

It's the difference between a goal of "a developer getting paid for work
done" or "ffmpeg maintenance being paid for". They are very closely related
but have slightly different finishes.

Ronald