[FFmpeg-devel] STF SoWs

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 15:08:34 EET 2024

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Feb 7, 2024 at 7:58 AM Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
wrote:

> Theres the person writing a SoW for work he wants to do.
> Theres the person who accepts the SoW in FFmpeg
> Theres the person who passes accepted SoW on to SPI/STF
>
> Iam sadly involved in more than one role here.

I think this is what Vittorio was referring to when he said this might be
problematic. This is essentially what conflict-of-interest means. It
doesn't mean that you're a bad person or doing something wrong, it simply
means that there's overlapping goals. For example, in this case, there
might be your personal goals ("get paid for work") vs the project goals
("get money for maintenance"). They're (partially) overlapping but not
equal, because they're different angles of the same situation.

Sometimes there is no ideal solution that satisfies everyone. As I said
before, that's normal and that's OK.

Ronald