[FFmpeg-devel] [TC] Decision on FF_INTERNAL_FIELDS in libavfilter

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Feb 13 21:14:01 EET 2024

Rémi Denis-Courmont (12024-02-13):
> Speaking as an elected member of another OSS project's TC, I believe
> that the experienced adult developers on the FFmpeg TC are perfectly
> capable of reading mailing archives and Trac comments as necessary. In
> fact, I think it is preferable that they stick to arguments made in
> public, rather than go out of their way to dig up private information.

So you are thinking that Anton did not summarize and polish his
arguments while submitting the question to the TC. Sure, let us believe
that.

> Or to follow your metaphor, in a trial, the arguments are made before
> the jury in public sessions. The deliberations of the jury are kept
> private to shield members from external pressure.

As a matter of principle, the defense has the last word.

> I don't expect that antagonising the TC members will do you, and any
> potential future arguments of yours, much good.

I have lost all confidence in both committees and consider the only hope
to save this project is if Fabrice reboots it.

--
  Nicolas George