[FFmpeg-devel] Sovereign Tech Fund

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:38:42 EET 2024

On 1/28/2024 3:25 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> At this point, what we need is a list of Projects so we can submit an application to STF
> at or before 12th Feb. (at the 14th they have a meeting and will review our submission)
> What STF told us, they need ATM is:

As others have said, the whole model of using discrete projects here seems opposed to
the actual intent of the STF - maintained and stable OSS long term.

Furthermore, we *already* have a bunch of money sitting in SPI funds that *is* suitable
for use on discete projects, but it never gets used. It is a poor way to encourage useful
work, IMO.

I also agree with Remi about keeping the money in Europe, FWIW.

And before it inevitably comes up, I am opposed to avradio / SDR work being submitted as
a project to STF. This is an official objection.

Cheers,
- The Peanut Gallery