[FFmpeg-devel] Sovereign Tech Fund

Kieran Kunhya kierank at obe.tv
Mon Jan 29 20:31:30 EET 2024

On Sun, 28 Jan 2024 at 21:47, Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
wrote:

> Hi Kieran
>
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2024 at 08:42:00PM +0000, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Jan 2024, 20:37 Kieran Kunhya, <kierank at obe.tv> wrote:
> >
> > > Both work fine really. For example iam not employed by FFlabs and the
> work
> > >>

> > > Fflabs is a private company that can choose however it likes how to
> > > distribute its funds. STF/SPI/FFmpeg are not the same.
> > >
> > > Would you like every invoice you make to be on this mailing list and
> > > discussed in depth in public? And if that invoice was voted against by
> the
> > > GA what would you do?
> > >
> > > Kieran
> > >

> > Remember the outcry about SDR that literally drove people away from the
> > project? Well imagine that for one of your invoices.
>
> Do you mean it would drive them away because of how much or how little i
> work for ?
> Or becuase of what i work for ?

You refused to acknowledge the public outcry over SDR for months and pushed
patches the community clearly objected to (see andreas thread).

That could clearly apply to invoiced work that the community disagreed
with. What would you do then? You weren't willing to compromise last time
for your hobby, what makes you willing to compromise in that situation?

I mean it basically happened already with SDR, just without an invoice.

"I think you should try to bring the work you want funded into the framework
that they told us to use. Instead of complaining"

And now you follow the same tactics with Derek. Accusing people of disagree
with you of spreading resentment.

Kieran

Sent from my mobile device