[FFmpeg-devel] Sovereign Tech Fund

Kieran Kunhya kierank at obe.tv
Wed Jan 31 22:19:04 EET 2024

On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 at 19:17, Cosmin Stejerean via ffmpeg-devel <
ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> > On Jan 31, 2024, at 11:07 AM, Michael Niedermayer <
> michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 06:22:41PM +0000, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> >> On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 at 18:03, Michael Niedermayer <
> michael at niedermayer.cc>

> "shareholder
> >>>

> >> If you want transparency, where is the agreement between SPI and STF?
> >
> >> Where
> >> is the agreement for the NAB booth?
> >
> > I did search my inbox and spam folder fro NAB but nothing looked related
> to a booth agreement.
> > I have someoen trying to sell me an "Attendees Database" for NAB since
> 2018 though
> > and lots of can nab is spam.
> >
> > So either i searched for the wrong term or i was not CC-ed on such an
> agreement
> >

> This is most likely referring to the email from Thilo that an anonymous
> corporate sponsor is providing ffmpeg with a booth at NAB 2024
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/ffmpeg-devel@ffmpeg.org/msg154158.html
>
> Seems off-topic for this thread about SPI and STF.
>
> - Cosmin

It's really not off-topic. It's about agreements that are made on behalf of
the project without consulting the community, which is what appears to be
happening between SPI and STF as well.

There is currently a booth registered under the FFmpeg name:
https://nab24.mapyourshow.com/8_0/exhview/?hallID=W&selectedBooth=W4232

Currently it has the following address associated to FFmpeg:
Bergemannweg 20
Berlin 13503
Germany

Who does this address belong to?

Who will be paying the construction costs, graphics, furniture costs, etc
for this booth?
Who will be staffing the booth?

Derek and I have asked this question several times now and received no
response.

We love transparency in this project, right?

Regards,
Kieran Kunhya

Sent from my mobile device