[FFmpeg-devel] Sovereign Tech Fund

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Jan 31 23:43:05 EET 2024

On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 08:19:04PM +0000, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 at 19:17, Cosmin Stejerean via ffmpeg-devel <
> ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
[...]
> > This is most likely referring to the email from Thilo that an anonymous
> > corporate sponsor is providing ffmpeg with a booth at NAB 2024
> >
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/ffmpeg-devel@ffmpeg.org/msg154158.html
> >
> > Seems off-topic for this thread about SPI and STF.
> >
> > - Cosmin
> >

> It's really not off-topic. It's about agreements that are made on behalf of
> the project without consulting the community, which is what appears to be
[...]
> We love transparency in this project, right?

Yes, i cant awnser your questions but i have some questions myself after
looking for NAB related things

who did the 2023 booth on NAB for FFmpeg (W3323) ?
here:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/videolan_nabshow-activity-7054494677881769985-ZCK7/
We can clearly see FFmpeg logo and FFmpeg text in this

Also in the reactions, i dont recognize any except you.

and where was that discussed with the FFmpeg community?

Iam reading there where no FFmpeg developers on that booth just buissness people
from someone who vissited, so iam a bit confused.

If you drop bombs on a foreign country and kill a hundred thousand
innocent people, expect your government to call the consequence
"unprovoked inhuman terrorist attacks" and use it to justify dropping
more bombs and killing more people. The technology changed, the idea is old.