[FFmpeg-devel] Indefinite ban request [RFC] Was: Re: [FFmpeg-trac] #10882(undetermined:new): swscale wastefully scales luma during yuv420p -> yuv422p

epirat07 at gmail.com epirat07 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 03:36:48 EET 2024

On 10 Mar 2024, at 2:25, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> Some members of the CC want to indefinitely ban Balling
> from trac. And as our doc/community.texi says:
> "Indefinite bans from the community must be confirmed by the General Assembly, in a majority vote."
>
> Thus some CC member wishes to involve the public here
> (really theres no other option, the GA cannot discuss/vote on what it doesnt know)
>
> Also people have asked for more transparency and i strongly agree with transparency.
>
> As reference, and to make it possible for the community to discuss
> this easily without too much google searching. Ive attached the
> list of all changes in trac done by Balling.
>
> I do not and never did support permanently banning contributors.
>
> In summary: since 2019
>     842 comment0' changed
>     389 comment1' changed
>     176 comment2' changed
>      87 comment3' changed
>      49 comment4' changed
>      24 comment5' changed
>      12 comment6' changed
>       6 comment7' changed
>       4 comment8' changed
>       3 comment9' changed
>    2194 comment' changed
>      10 component' changed
>      12 description' changed
>      29 keywords' changed
>      37 owner' changed
>       8 priority' changed
>       7 reproduced' changed
>     291 resolution' changed
>     537 status' changed
>      32 summary' changed
>       2 type' changed
>      11 version' changed

I already have an opinion about this topic due to various things I read from
him on various OSS projects communication channels, but I am wondering
how the attached document is helpful for the GA to get an idea of  what
this is about?

Do you expect us to go through all of this list and visit each Trac ticket
and look at what they wrote there?

Maybe I am missing something here on the purpose of this document.