[FFmpeg-user] How To Fix No Sound on Ubuntu in Hyper-V

Anatoly anatoly at kazanfieldhockey.ru
Thu Aug 31 02:34:34 EEST 2023

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 10:32:56 +0200
<aperry at free.fr> wrote:

> 2. I get sound with a command like ffmpeg -i in.wav -c:a pcm_s16le -f
> s16le udp://IP:18181  ==> Fine
> 3. netstat -a -n -b : nothing for protocole UDP, my IP, port 18181
> (but yes for ports 137, 138, 1900)  ==> sob
> How is it possible ?
May it be that you've just overlooked that line? Maybe use
netstat -a -n | findstr 18181
or
netstat -a -n -b > C:\ns.txt and then search ns.txt in notepad?
This is how it looks on my Windows 10 machine (relevant two lines):
  UDP    0.0.0.0:18181          *:*
 [ffplay.exe]

There is a free gui tool "CurrPorts" similar to netstat
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:05:58 +0200
<aperry at free.fr> wrote:

>    On my Windows 10 machine, I've installed Hyper-V ==> OK
>    Then I've installed a VM Ubuntu 22.04 ==> OK
>    But no sound heared from my VM ; this fact seems to be very
> frequent (with Windows Hyper-V and Linux (Ubuntu and others)).
>    Certainly, MS Support gives somme ways to solve this issue, but
> all are without any effect.
>    Further more, I've looked for lot Hyper-Vof tricks founded on the Web,
> all of then telling : "Wonderfull, nice, it's works : I get sound !!!"
>    But unfortunately,
Btw, maybe use VirtualBox then? Instead of Hyper-V.