[FFmpeg-user] kmsgrab and audio problem

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 03:35:44 EET 2023

вс, 10 дек. 2023 г., 21:51 KoreanFanOfficial <koreanfanofficial at gmail.com>:

> Show me your code where kmsrab working with alsa/pulse without any issue on
> debian/arch system???? Cuz you cant, cuz this problem exist many years and
> dont fixed. Do you even try to install debian/arch??? If you already
> install arch/debian then you must know about this problem with kmsgrab and
> alsa/pulse. Other strings in output from my code is useless, if you want to
> help, install arch/debian, install ffmpeg from their repos, and test
> kmsgrab with alsa and pulse.

not sure about modern debian, but I digged up those two lines from year
2017:

ffmpeg -s 1280x1024 -r 30 -f x11grab -i :0.0 -f alsa -i hw:1,1 -vcodec
libx264 -crf 0 -preset ultrafast /dev/shm/output.mkv

ffmpeg -f x11grab -s 1280x1024 -r 30 -i :0.0 -f alsa -i hw:1,1 -acodec
pcm_s16le -vcodec msmpeg4 -qscale 4 -threads 4 /dev/shm/msmpeg4-2.mkv

but this was using alsa-loopback because for some reason my previous mb
integrated audio has no hw loopback mode ?!)

asoundrc from