[FFmpeg-user] New user question

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Feb 4 00:39:59 EET 2023

Am 03.02.23 um 19:59 schrieb Dave Blanchard:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 19:45:56 +0100
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>
>> but to be honest: a subject like "FW: New user question" implies common
>> sense isn't present
>>
>> with common sense the subject would have been "Unknown encoder 'hap'"
>
> Free clue: there is no such thing as "common sense."

there is

> Not everyone possesses the exact same knowledge and experience.

which knowledge do you need to write a useful subject?

> "New users" in particular aren't exactly known for their deep, intricate knowledge of mailing list/forum etiquette, or how to construct a good subject line.

a working brain is a enough to put the question into the subject instead
"New user question" and has nothing to do with a mailing list at all

> Maybe you haven't been around the internet long enough to have noticed this trend, which I picked up on back in the 90s.

even in the 90s people where able to write their topic in the subject

> It seems the focus of many members of this group isn't on actually *helping people*, but on policing nonsense "rules violations" or finding some way they can call the user an idiot.

with "No, I haven't. I don't have time to familiarize myself with the
6,282,928 special snowflake unique rule systems" you making yourself an
idiot