[FFmpeg-user] Recording of German IP TV Channels fail after some time

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jun 11 17:39:32 EEST 2023

Am 11.06.23 um 16:34 schrieb Claus Dietrich:
> I wrote a Linux application which allows the recording of IP TV streams
> from the Internet through programmable timers. It works well but
> recording of the prime German TV channel "ZDF" always fails after some
> time (something between 5 to 120 minutes). The recording of other
> channels like "ARTE" also fail from time to time.
>
> My application uses ffmpeg V 4.2.7

seriously - 4.2.7 is from 2022-05-14 - current is 6.0

not that i support the "only current git"-attitude but when something
don't work as i expect the first thing i do is making sure i use the
latest version of whatever software

no, i don't know if it would change anything but if it would it's simply
wasting time of everyone