[FFmpeg-user] Concatenating 2 or more MP4 videos containing multiple audio streams

Sylvain Tremblay syltrem at videotron.ca
Sun May 21 23:52:32 EEST 2023

Hi Kieran

Thanks for your reply

I updated ffmpeg.exe and the error no longer arises. So that's one good thing.

With this
ffmpeg -i CLEO_D1-4.mp4 -i CLEO_D2.mp4  -map 0 -map 1 Cleopatra.mp4
or this
ffmpeg -i CLEO_D1-4.mp4 -i CLEO_D2.mp4 -map 0:v -map 0:a -map 1:v -map 1:a Cleopatra_2.mp4

I get the 1st video only with 6 languages (it duplicates the audio streams). The 2nd part is not copied in the resulting file.

If I use this
ffmpeg -i CLEO_D1-4.mp4 -i CLEO_D2.mp4 -map 0:v -map 0:a Cleopatra.mp4

then I still get the 1st video only but the audio tracks are fine.

I'm missing the correct bits to get this to work

Thanks for any hint!
~ST