[FFmpeg-user] Concatenating 2 or more MP4 videos containing multiple audio streams

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Sun May 21 23:58:13 EEST 2023

On Sun 21 May 2023 at 21:52, Sylvain Tremblay <syltrem at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Hi Kieran
>
> Thanks for your reply
>
> I updated ffmpeg.exe and the error no longer arises. So that's one good
> thing.
>
> With this
> ffmpeg -i CLEO_D1-4.mp4 -i CLEO_D2.mp4  -map 0 -map 1 Cleopatra.mp4
> or this
> ffmpeg -i CLEO_D1-4.mp4 -i CLEO_D2.mp4 -map 0:v -map 0:a -map 1:v -map 1:a
> Cleopatra_2.mp4

These are not concat commands. You used the concat demuxer in your last
email so my comments were directed that way.
For example can you try this, assuming you have the relevant file names in
the text file and they’re all in the same working directory?

ffmpeg -f concat -i f.txt -map 0:a -map 0:v -c copy Cleopatra.mp4

If it doesn’t work, send the complete uncut terminal output.

Best,

Kieran