[FFmpeg-user] How to determine the quantization of 2 video files?

Kevin Willard kevin14450 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 07:03:52 EEST 2023

 It's difficult to determine which is the best quality. You can download all the file and look in property details as shown here (this is from a GoPro). The higher the values, the better the quality theoretically. Now, I have seen some 1080 videos that look just as good as 4K on my 4K, HDR monitor, so you really got to look at them and see what looks best on a large screen. The video you picked is black and white, low res to begin with. It depends a lot on the equipment they used to convert the video, I think your video may have been shown on a wall and rerecorded, leading to possible focus problems.